Saturday, January 6, 2007

The Clique

The Clique

The icy winds howl fierce and cold
People say “Hi”, but no more is told.
The cold outside keeps the people in-
I extend my hand, I nod, I grin,
But the cold outside keeps the people in.

The leaves are gone, there’s no shelter here.
It’s hard to make friends at this time of year.
The ground is hard, the puddles are ice-
My heart is warm, I reach out twice,
But the ground is hard and the puddles are ice.

Longing to connect spirits, touch a soul,
Loneliness can take its toll.
This town has history, the doors are shut-
I knock the door, bear gifts, but….
This town has history, the doors are shut.

To get inside where the sunshine reaches,
Takes time and patience and friendly features.
I have no choice, but to wait and see-
I hope they accept my humanity.
I have no choice, but to wait and see.

© Strauss
11th March 2006

No comments: